Do you know the feeling when you come home from work and feel exhausted and tired and you are absolutely not in the mood to stand in the kitchen for the whole evening to prepare dinner? Yes, I bet everybody can rely on that sometimes. Sure, the easiest way would be to go and grab some takeaways. But I think my homemaker heart simply couldn’t bear that. So, for that case I have my super easy and healthy Chickpeas Curry recipe. Usually it is made within 30 minutes and doesn’t involve too many dishes. Therefore, it is the perfect dish for a lazy but delicious dinner. It is even a perfect summer dish, because it is not too heavy.
If you are not too fond of chickpeas you can easily alter the recipe and remove the chickpeas and serve a bowl of rice as a side instead.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 minced garlic gloves
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes (optional)
- 2 thinly sliced carrots
- 1 sliced red capsicum
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups precooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 Slices of ginger
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. crushed chillies (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the peanut oil in a large pan over high heat
- Season the chicken cubes with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes into the pan and cook on each side until golden brown and cooked through. When finished remove the chicken from the pan, place them on a place and put aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and put more oil in the pan if needed. Then add the onion and garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and let them cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook for another minute
- In the meanwhile, place the chickpeas in a strainer to remove all liquids
- Add the chickpeas, coconut milk and the ginger to the pan and bring it to boil.
- Add curry powder, chillies, turmeric powder, salt and pepper to the dish. Enjoy!